igubal® pillow block bearings
igubal® pillow block bearings are bearing units very easy to install and which are able to compensate alignment errors and prevent edge pressure.
The housing is made from RN33, a material with good dimensional stability, a high surface quality and low warpage.
Here, the spherical ball is made from iglidur® J material, which is known for its low moisture absorption, low coefficients of friction during dry operation and an extremely low tendency to stick-slip. This is especially important for low loads and very slow movements.
Typical application areas
- Fitting is easy on site and makes handling of heavy shafts unnecessary
- Maintenance-free, dry operation
- For high static loads
- Mounting: M12
- Low installation space and lightweight
- High rigidity and durability
- Predictable service life
- Plant construction
- Mechanical engineering
- Food industry
- Agricultural machines
You will find plenty of additional application areas at our [Link id="9"]
|When to use it?|
- If chemical resistance is required
- If a cost-effective option is required
- If you need dirt-resistant bearings
- To adjust misalignments
- If you need split components
|When not to use it?|
- If temperatures are higher than +80 °C
- If an integrated adjusting ring is required
- If diameters above 50 mm are required
- If rotation speeds higher than 0.5 m/s are required
Due to the fact that igubal® pillow block bearings are suitable for maintenance-free dry operation, they are worth considering in particular for applications where the installation site is difficult to access, in a humid or wet environment or when there are special hygiene demands. As a result, igubal® pillow block bearings are used for instance in wash-brush controls, in facade sunshade systems, in materials handling technology and in bakery equipment.
igubal® pillow block bearings are designed for mounting with two bolts. Exact alignment of the bearing housing is not necessary since the spherical bearing automatically compensates for alignment errors. Special adjusting rings can be used to fix the shaft.